To ensure that I don't fall back into my old habits and truly do evolve this year, I am posting the goals I will strive to reach before I hit the "F" word -- 50.
- Be a better wife/daughter/mother/sister/friend by letting go of old baggage and starting fresh (and pray that they do the same for me).
- Be less judgemental and more tolerant of others and their actions/thoughts/beliefs (even though I'm probably right anyway).
- Keep negative people with their negative vibes as far away as possible. (Life's too short to allow yourself to get sucked into someone else's morass.)
- Find a serene place in my mind so I can escape to it when needed (and trust me, I typically need to on a daily basis).
- Keep in better contact with old friends and people who have been important throughout my life. (Key West here we come!)
- Lose some weight. (I'm old enough to know to not put down a specifics number that won't be achieved, so allow me some vagary here, please.)
- Exercise more -- and more consistently. (Consistency is the issue for sure. I'm talking at least 3 times a week -- every week.)
- Take at least 3 classes in something fun/new/exciting. (Raise your hand if you've neglected your own personal growth while raising your children -- or significant other!)
- Give back to the community by volunteering to help with at least 2 new programs this year. (We can never overpay the gifts we've received by working and helping others.)
- Finally, have more fun!
I'd really prefer to just comment on the progress I've made on YOUR goals. Making my own goals would be far too strenuous.
ReplyDeleteAnd why is your blog on west coast time? Am I missing something here? Did the Hoosier State do something new and strange regarding time zones again?
ReplyDeleteHmm, I didn't notice the time thing. Interesting. Perhaps it's a subliminal thing since I'm sure someone from Hollywood will be reading this blog and then want to turn it into a movie. I get dibs on Angelina Jolie playing me!
ReplyDelete