Friday, November 5, 2010

Decisions, decisions

This week our country got it right.  We expressed our passions, opinions and dreams for a better life via poll booths in schools, churches and homes across this wonderful country of ours.  And while we seem to be a nation divided right now, we did it in a peaceful, orderly fashion.  No one got shot, killed or even slapped.  We showed the world how it's done. . .again. Congratulations us! (Or should I have said U.S.?)

The older I get the more I cherish the privilege of voting every two years. . . something I hope I pass on to my kids. And as a liberal-leaning moderate, I found it even more important to express my opinions in the voting booth this election for fear that the country may be going in a direction that I feel is wrong.  And although only some of the candidates I voted for won, I hope and pray that ALL of the electorate remembers that they represent everyone -- not just those that voted them in office.  They represent me.  (And I am not a witch, either! Although I often play one at home.)

While I'm not a religious person, I am praying that all the election BS is over and that Congress comes together to create truly beneficial, bi-partisan legislation that is good for the economy, environment, and our moral well-being.  We need to move forward, not back; we need to make life better for us all, not just the lucky few.  We need to make the world a better place for my children and yours.  Divisiveness won't do that -- only compromise.

So, since I have this blog as my personal soapbox, I may use it in the future to express my opinions on the state of the nation and world. . .and welcome you to argue with or against me.  Why? Because we can.

No comments:

Post a Comment